Words in Scripture Explored – Partaker
To partake, or to be a partaker of something, can mean at least three things! Firstly, it means having the qualities or attributes of something. Secondly it can mean having, giving or receiving something. Finally, to partake of something, means to consume!
Jesus was, and is, a Partaker!
Jesus Christ was a Partaker! Did you know that? He was a Partaker, in so much as that when He became human, He adorned human flesh and blood Hebrews 2:14-18.
As a Christian Disciple, you also are a Partaker, for you are to hunger and thirst for righteousness or in other words, be Partakers of righteousness. In this pursuit of partaking after righteousness, the New Testament has a lot to say about what Christian Disciples are to be Partakers of.
Here is a list of other things the Bible says that Christian Disciples are Partakers of:
- When you became a Christian, you became a Partaker of the Gospel – 1 Corinthians 9:19-23.
- When you take communion, you are a Partaker of the Lord’s Table – 1 Corinthians 10:14-33.
Additionally as a Christian Disciple, you are a:
- Partaker of spiritual things Romans 15:25-27
- Partaker of the material benefits of one’s labour 1 Corinthians 9:1-23
- Partaker of suffering and consolation 2 Corinthians 1:6-7
- Partaker of the promises in Christ Ephesians 3
- Partaker of Grace Philippians 1:3-7
- Partaker of the crops that are sown 2 Timothy 2:6
- Partaker of His holiness Hebrews 12:10-11
- Partaker of Christ’s suffering 1 Peter 4:12-13
- Partaker of the glory that will be revealed 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Partaker of the divine nature through God’s promises 2 Peter 1:1-4
These things that you are to partake of, which lead to a full experience of the Christian life. Lets go, as Partakers of Jesus Christ, to show the world that He is alive through us.