Part 9: Who was and is this Jesus?
Mark 8:27-33: Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, ‘Who do people say I am?’
They replied, ‘Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets.’
‘But what about you?’ he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’
Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah.’
Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.
He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. ‘Get behind me, Satan!’ he said. ‘You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.’
Here in this historical account written by Mark, we see that Jesus asked His disciples, “Who do people say I am?”.
In this podcast we look briefly at:
- Who Jesus was and is?
- Confessing who Jesus is – the Messiah and so what
- What was His purpose
- What was the purpose of the Messiah? (Mark 10:45)
- Follow who Jesus actually is, and not who you merely think he is.
- There is a price to pay for true followers.
- Are you willing to pay the price and count the cost of being a follower of Jesus Christ, knowing what the story of Easter is all about?
Play or download the audio mp3 to find out more about this Jesus and what that means for you today!! The links are below!